As of 12/08/2023 07:02:48 AM Refresh
Overall Savings $7,696,175.14
Year 5 July 01, 2023 - June 30, 2024 $314,702.76 Year 4 July 01, 2022 - June 30, 2023 $250,820.70 Year 3 July 01, 2021 - June 30, 2022 $3,119,440.12 Year 2 July 01, 2020 - June 30, 2021 $2,800,284.72 Year 1 July 01, 2019 - June 30, 2020 $1,210,926.84
District Operations Savings
ADAM (Active Directory Account Management System) is an in-house custom-written application to provide an all-in-one solution for support tickets, DAI modification requests, Active Directory account management for state applications, and Child Nutrition group management.
ADAM has many benefits over previously purchased applications. Below are a few basic enhancements:
ADAM is a direct overlay to Active Directory, eliminating synchronization issues.
- Previous applications imported and exported data to/from Active Directory, creating many synchronization issues. The data available in ADAM is live data.
- With ADAM, Active Directory Account Managers can view status of accounts within the application – no need to visit other sites for monitoring.
- With ADAM, Active Directory Account Managers have the ability to view basic logs pertaining to accounts, such as who deleted and who created accounts along with time stamp.
- With ADAM, Child Nutrition Group Managers can view all assignments on the same page used for modifications – no need to visit other sites for monitoring.
- ADAM includes an in-application support ticket system for Active Directory Account Managers.
- ADAM includes an improved system for making DAI (District Access Information) modification requests.
The total cost savings = 50,000 Users * $0.19 per user * 12 Months = $114,000.00.
|Application Name||App Code||Amount|
|ADHE Web Portal||ADHE||$10,000.00|
|AR Ed Reports||AR-ED||$10,000.00|
|Arkansas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired Web Portal||ASBVI||$10,000.00|
|Arkansas School for the Deaf Web Portal||ASD||$10,000.00|
|DCTE Web Portal||DCTE||$10,000.00|
|DESE Web Portal||DESE||$10,000.00|
|DPSAFT Web Portal||DPSAFT||$10,000.00|
|Educational Freedom Account System||EFAS||$34,200.00|
|ESSER Transparency Dashboard||ESSER||$5,000.00|
|Insights: CTE Perkins V and Career Coaches Portal||CTE-CCP||$25,000.00|
|Notice of Intent for Home School||NOI||$1,040.00|
Infrastructure and Operations (I & O) | Information System Savings
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) Savings in the Transformation era was achieved by building in-house web portals as illustrated below:
- ADE Portal
- ADHE Web Portal
- AR Ed Reports
- Arkansas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired Web Portal
- Arkansas School for the Deaf Web Portal
- DCTE Web Portal
- DESE Web Portal
- DPSAFT Web Portal
- Educational Freedom Account System
- ESSER Transparency Dashboard
- Insights: CTE Perkins V and Career Coaches Portal
- Notice of Intent for Home School
Prior to transformation, the ADE and DCTE Web Portal was built and operated by another 3rd. party contractor and these were brought in-house by implementing IT Services shared service model resulting in a direct savings of $145,240.00.
Computer Purchase Program | Revenue
The Arkansas Department of Education did the pilot run for the Computer Purchase Program with Division of Elementary and Secondary Education stating July 2020 using its Asset Management System. Till date, the department has registered revenue of $1,462.76 for Year 2 of transformation.
The Computer Purchase Program process involves three (3) distinct phases:
- Phase I: Employee returns current used equipment; IT Services refurbishes the Asset and send back to Original Employee who has 10 days to decide to buy or give a pass.
- Phase II: Asset lands in the AMS catalog and any employee can buy one first server-first claim basis.
- Phase III: Employee uploads purchase receipt as receives from Finance and claims the asset/equipment from IT Services.
Note: Only 1 laptop/tablet (I-Pads)/desktop and 2 monitors are allowed for purchase per quarter per employee to maintain an equitable distribution.
Disclaimer: The disbursement of revenues is among the Department; Marketing and Redistribution section of Office of State Procurement; Computer & Electronic Recycling Funds (as established by Act 1410) and DFA-Office of Accounting (for Sales Tax portion).
|DIS Outlook Mail Box Charges: 750 Mail Boxes - $54,000||$54,000.00|
Microsoft | M365 Migration
The Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) along with its all divisions: Higher Education, Career and Technical Education, Arkansas State Library, MLK Jr. Commission, Arkansas School for the Deaf and, Arkansas School for Blind & Visually Impaired migrated from a on-premise Email Exchange hosted at DIS to its own FERPA compliant Educational Tenant Cloud via the M365 solution. The cost savings are identified in two forms:
- DIS Outlook Mail Box Charges: 750 Mail Boxes - $54,000
The ADE Office of Information Technology leveraged the current Campus and School Agreement (CASA) that is in-place with the Department of Transformation and Shared Services (TSS), Office of State Procurement (OSP) along with signing an Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) agreement with Microsoft.